24-28, November 2008.
Over 100 participants including country delegates, speakers, and local participants attended the Training Workshop. Of the total number, 31 international participants were from 22 countries while 62 local participants were from Malaysia.
The Training Workshop focused on concepts and hands-on training on various technologies and applications such as satellite communications, radio communication, Internet-base applications and etc. which are applicable and suitable for deployment aiming at facilitating rescue and relief operations in emergencies and especially in the aftermath of disasters. The Training Workshop aimed at:
Making awareness and demonstrate telecommunication technology options, facilities and services applicable for use in response to disasters or emergencies especially in disaster relief operations;
Providing practical experience to participants in using the telecommunication/ICT facilities and services for disaster relief operations;
Strengthening partnerships in disaster relief among international agencies/organizations, NGOs, Industry, and governments as well as encourage roles of public sector or NGOs e.g. radio amateurs, volunteers, etc.; and,
Identifying issues, gaps in countries in order to find ways for improvements or overcoming the issues or challenges.
During the hands-on training, system demonstrations were made to the participants who were also given opportunities to try out voice and data communications over the satellite and radiocommunication as well as through the Internet. In addition, a group of amateur radio voluntarily coming from different places of Malaysia helped demonstrate set up of various types of radio equipment such as HF, VHF, UHF and applications over the radio links.
1. Certificate of Participant Awarded to 9W2WOC.
2. My ID tag during the event.
13. Tok Penghulu PR with SIRIM YL :P
14. Demonstration from 9M2NCL to all delegate.
15. FR 1 Station group picture.
16. Our R.A.C.E.S Group with ITU rep. Mr Wisit Atipayakoon.
17. Dinner at Kuala Perlis, floating restaurant.
18. Yum yum....steamboat seafood.
20. Tok Penghulu (MARTS) giving a souvenir to Dr. Cosmas Zavazava from ITU.
21. Not to forget also to our Mr Wisit from ITU.
22. Lastly our R.A.C.E.S Malaysia with YL's :P
NOTE : More picture at ITU web CLICK HERE TO VIEW MORE EVENT PICTURE .