14 December 2008.
Penang Starwalk entered its 31st year with nearly 14,000 participants flagged off at the Penang International Sports Arena at 7am Sunday. As usual I'm on duty for radio communication on that event to support our St John crew.
1. First turn from starting line flag off. (station 1)
2. I'm using my scooter with 5/8 antenna operated at station 1.
3. Just drop by at Base Control (PISA) before I'm going to QRT :P
more picture coming soon.
ITU Asia-Pacific Centres of Excellence Training Workshop on Effective Use of Telecommunications/ICT in Response to Disasters: Reports
24-28, November 2008.
Over 100 participants including country delegates, speakers, and local participants attended the Training Workshop. Of the total number, 31 international participants were from 22 countries while 62 local participants were from Malaysia.
The Training Workshop focused on concepts and hands-on training on various technologies and applications such as satellite communications, radio communication, Internet-base applications and etc. which are applicable and suitable for deployment aiming at facilitating rescue and relief operations in emergencies and especially in the aftermath of disasters. The Training Workshop aimed at:
Making awareness and demonstrate telecommunication technology options, facilities and services applicable for use in response to disasters or emergencies especially in disaster relief operations;
Providing practical experience to participants in using the telecommunication/ICT facilities and services for disaster relief operations;
Strengthening partnerships in disaster relief among international agencies/organizations, NGOs, Industry, and governments as well as encourage roles of public sector or NGOs e.g. radio amateurs, volunteers, etc.; and,
Identifying issues, gaps in countries in order to find ways for improvements or overcoming the issues or challenges.
During the hands-on training, system demonstrations were made to the participants who were also given opportunities to try out voice and data communications over the satellite and radiocommunication as well as through the Internet. In addition, a group of amateur radio voluntarily coming from different places of Malaysia helped demonstrate set up of various types of radio equipment such as HF, VHF, UHF and applications over the radio links.
1. Certificate of Participant Awarded to 9W2WOC.
2. My ID tag during the event.
13. Tok Penghulu PR with SIRIM YL :P
14. Demonstration from 9M2NCL to all delegate.
15. FR 1 Station group picture.
16. Our R.A.C.E.S Group with ITU rep. Mr Wisit Atipayakoon.
17. Dinner at Kuala Perlis, floating restaurant.
18. Yum yum....steamboat seafood.
20. Tok Penghulu (MARTS) giving a souvenir to Dr. Cosmas Zavazava from ITU.
21. Not to forget also to our Mr Wisit from ITU.
22. Lastly our R.A.C.E.S Malaysia with YL's :P
NOTE : More picture at ITU web CLICK HERE TO VIEW MORE EVENT PICTURE .
SEMARAK RESORT, SUNGAI BATU PAHAT, PERLIS.
DATE : 22 & 23 HB. NOVEMBER 2008
During the introduction & briefing about 20 over station turn up at the QTH. Well done to 9w2art & 9w2pck to introduce RACES to all Perlis local boys on that night. The briefing ended around 01.00hrs (1.00am). Here some of the picture taken during the briefing at the Semarak hall resort and a Emergency demo drill on the 2nd day on that event.
TIME: 9.00pm to 1.00am (22nd Nov 2008)
1. Azhar 9w2art in action.
2. Choy 9w2pck in action.
3. Perlis Local boys.
Time : 8.00am to 3.00pm (23rd Nov 2008)
1. Morning round table with all station.
2. Operation Briefing by 9w2pck & 9w2da. (Delta Atan :P)
3. Equipment for FR01
4. Station for FR01. (9w2WOC, 9W2ACY, 9W2ART, 9W2RAY, 9W2SOR, 9W2ZE, 9W2ARU, 9W2DA)
5. Request for help from 9w2woc to EC.
6. EC Station Azhar 9W2AXE received message from FR01
7. 9w2art request for help also.....(tok penghulu)
8. Last but not least a sweet moment for our group picture.
Good job to :
- 9W2WOC (HOW ELSE?)